26 March 2009

I want to go, but....

I'd love to go the the NGS Family History Conference in Raleigh this May, but: 1) it's 400 miles away, 2) I'd be by myself and 3) it's a good bit of money. So, it looks like a no go.

But, I decided to do go ahead and do something I'd been thinking about: I joined the NGS. It cost $60 for one year and comes with quite a few benefits.
  • Four issues a year/ browse old National Genealogical Society Quarterly
  • Four issues a year/ browse old NGS Magazine
  • Online Newsletter UpFront with NGS
  • The National Intelligencer Database, 1800–1850
  • NGS Bible Records Database
  • NGS Member Ancestry Charts (MACs) Database
  • Research Aids and Forms
  • Discount Prices from other retailers
The first thing I did once my membership went through was to search the Bible Records. Back in 2003 I submitted my Waters/Smith family Bible records, so I wanted to see if I could fine them. Sure enough, there they were! Now I'm off to look for some more information - something that I didn't submit myself.

2 comments:

Greta Koehl said...

I wanted to go, too (sniff, sniff). Maybe I'll follow your lead and join the Society.

Amy (WeTree) said...

I'm going and will try to report about it on my blog. I'm a member of NGS and I like to read the back issues of NGSQ.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails